Somehow Alexander is really charging ahead with his weight, but we think Elliott will make a raging comeback :-) The fact that Alexander is above 1900 grams means that he will soon be transitioned to an open air crib and out of his isolette (incubator). Yay! To prepare for this, they have been gradually lowering the temperature in his isolette to room temperature and he is now wearing clothes. Elliott will soon follow.
I have been pretty sick with an infection these past few days and so I met with the nurses while Chad held both boys. Our nurse yesterday, named Beth, was telling us that both boys were very happy to be swaddled and she removed their little nests in their isolettes. Again, this is in preparation for moving to an open air crib. Alexander was chilling the entire time, but Elliott started getting fussy!
These three photos are of Alexander. We have been told its hard to tell them apart! Its easier in person, but I can understand. I felt like a bad mom because for the first 2-3 days after they were born, I couldn't tell them apart. Then, finally, after they didn't look so red and puffy, I was like "A ha!"
The photo to the right is of Elliott. He was not cooperating with the photographer (me). :-) We think he was working on going to the bathroom because he kept making squinty faces at us and fussing. Beth held him up for me to take one photo for posterity.
No comments:
Post a Comment